Monday, August 14, 2006

What is does that word patience mean again?!?!?!?!

Jeff at 5 months old.................
Well here I am it is 10:25 pm and the thought of sleep is not reality. I have so many thoughts running thru my head, I can not believe that in a little over a month my son who is hundreds & hundreds of miles away from me will be 1 yr old........it makes me sad. Sad because I want to see his 1st steps, hear his 1st word, get his hair cut for the 1st time. It is most likely that I will not be the one experiences all those 1st's....as far as I know as of today our file has not been submitted. I believe Marie had a tough time gathering all his 'dossier' paperwork. I am hopeful that this week will bring good news.
I look back at some of my posts and think.....goodness have I become a total bummer person or what!?!? I am usually positive and hopeful but this is TOUGH!
So what do I do? Break out the paint brushes, clean out cupboards, organize my house, my desk at work, my kitchen........so many things to do but none of them involve hopping on a plane and getting my son. So my ambition is slowly disappearing. I need to make a priority list and stick to it, keep myself busy....Yep that is what I am going to do!
OK on a POSITIVE note, our kids are so darn cute, they talk about when Jeff comes home and it really warms my heart. It makes me happy to know that they are so excited for his arrival. He is going to be one spoiled little dude. We were talking the other day about when he gets into school and how he is going to have the biggest cheering section for his kindergarten plays and all school events, he may get a bit embarassed ....YEP those loud obnoxious people in the front row with the cameras & camcorders that would be MY family.......sigh!!
Anyway that is it for tonight I certainly hope to post some wonderful news this week saying "WE ARE IN!"
Until then.........I say goodbye!

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I can definitly relate yo your post. I feel in a very strange place these days. I am a mom. I can look at pics of my daughter with me but she is not here. Let's pray that things start to speed up. We need to get our babies home!
Heidi

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Jen keep the faith!!! I'm praying for ya!!

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Kodak McClain said...

It's so hard sometimes... Every week to hear next week at the latest... I actually feel like Jeff and Jean are brothers although they are not related. It's a double ouch as we both sit and wait...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home