Friday, June 30, 2006

Going to Haiti


Mommy & Jeff after giving him a bath for the 1st time...
Papa & Jeff hanging out getting to know one another...

These pictures were taken on our 1st trip meeting Jeff. We are truly blessed to be able to add to our family through adoption. When we decided to take our trip to Haiti, I had mixed emotions about it. I had fears that Jeff would not want anything to do with me, BOY was I wrong...Thankfully! Our trip was wonderful. Marie & the nannies were so loving and sweet they did all they could to make Todd & I feel at home. Marie is very funny and sweet. All the kids at the creche (orphanage) just love her so much. It is very heartwarming to see a women dedicate her life to help out so many children.
We went sightseeing, did some shopping and had our eyes opened to things that we all just take for granted here in the states. It really made me take a look at my life a little closer, I give thanks much more than I did before our trip.
When we 1st arrived at the creche I was a bit overwhelmed because all the kids were excited to have visitors come to see them, one of the nannies was holding our little boy and after what seemed an eternity I reached out to him and he reached back out for me...gave me the OK to hold him.
What did I feel at that moment?? It was the same feeling I had when I had my two biological kids the 1st time they were put in my arms.
This was MY SON..
We really enjoyed our trip and can not wait to return.........
That's it for tonight!
See ya!

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

You had me in tears. I am so excited about next week. I imagine she will want nothing to do with me at first but eventually I hope she comes abound.
Heidi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home